Name: Sweet and Sour Pork Fillet（糖醋里脊）
Time: 40 mins
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 inch root ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white vinegar for the color)
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut pork tenderlions into strips around 8 cm long and 2~3 cm wide. If the tenderloin is too soft, put it in your freezer before cutting. This will make the cutting process much easier.
- Add ginger slices, black pepper powder or white pepper powder and salt to marinade for around 10 minutes.
- Add egg whites and starch. Mix evenly before frying.
- Coat the pork strips with water starch. The ratio should be around 1:1 for water and starch.
- Began deep-frying process. It will be better to deep-fry the pork tenderloin twice. The first time to 80% cooked and then return to deep fry again for a crisper taste for the outside surface.
- Mix all the ingredients for stir-fry sauce together. Heat up some oil in pan, pour the sauce in and bring it to a boiling.
- Return the deep-fried pork strips in. Coat evenly with the sauce.
- Add roasted sesame seeds. Then, we finish it.
Let’s us try this dish. It must be delicious.ლ(^o^ლ)
PS: You also can cook pork ribs in the same according to video below.