Name: Red Bean Paste Pancake（红豆沙煎饼）
Time: 40 mins
Introduction: It is a great variation of Chinese scallion pancake which has a soft shell with soft and sweet filling. It can be a dessert after people finish dinner or can be breakfast.ლ(❛◡❛✿)ლ
- Sweet red bean paste
- Oil for brushing
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 100ml hot water (over 90 degree C)+40ml cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon of oil
- In a mix bowl, stir in hot water slowly. And give a big stir to combine well. Then stir in cold water too.
- Wait to cool down. Before kneading, add around 1/2 teaspoon of oil and then knead the dough for minutes until smooth. When you find the dough is too sticky to operate, coat hand with oil. And do not hesitate; continue kneading and it will become smooth in time. When well kneaded, cover with plastic wrapper and rest for 20 minutes.
- Coat the board with oil too and transfer the dough to the board. Divide the dough into five equal portions. Cover the rest portions and take one out.
- Flat it and roll out to a larger wrapper. Spread around 1 and 1/2 tablespoon red bean paste evenly on surface. And then roll it up to form a long log and circle the long log to form small round dough.
- Shape into a pancake around 12cm to 15 cm in diameter. As it is very soft, we can shape it with hands.
- Brush a thin layer of oil in a pan and place the pancakes in. Fry over medium fire until one side is done (takes 4-5 minutes) and turn over the fry the other side (takes 2-3). When the pancake is done, you will find they are almost double in thickness. Transfer out and enjoy warm!