Name: Hot and Dry Noodles–Wuhan Noodles（武汉热干面）
Time: 2 hours
Introduction: It is a characteristic food in WuHan province. The main seasoning is tuned sesame paste. And usually we top with picked spicy radish also from Hubei and sometimes pickled long Chinese green beans.
- 200g alkaline noodles, light yellow ones (either dried or fresh ones)
- around 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- small pinch of salt
- pickled radish
- green onion
- Chinese Chili oil
- Cook the dried noodles for 4-5 minutes or fresh ones for 3-4 minutes. Transfer out and drain.
- Place the noodles to a clean operating board, add sesame oil and combine well. This process can cool down the noodles quickly and creating a chewy texture. Set aside to cool down completely.
Tune sesame paste
- In a large bowl, first mix 2 tablespoons of sesame paste with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Stir until well combined. And then add light soy sauce and dark soy sauce, continue stirring in one direction until well combined. Add around 4-5 tablespoons of warm w
ater by three batches. Each time after adding water, stir in one direction until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add Chinese five spice and a small pinch of salt based on personal taste. Combine well.
- Mince green onion and chop the pickled radishes. You can also add smashed peauts, pickled green beans or other toppings.
- Smashed 2 garlic cloves and then soak with warm water.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot, and re-cook the noodles for around 10 -15 seconds until hot. Shake off extra water and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add around 2 tablespoons of tuned sesame paste mixture, 1/4 teaspoon vinegar (optional), 1 teaspoon garlic water, 1/8 teaspoon sugar and 2 teaspoons of chili o
il. Top with green onion and pickled radish.
- Combine well before enjoying.