Name: Chinese Chicken Congee（鸡肉粥）
Time: 1 hour
Introduction: There are many kinds of congee in China. Compared with rice, it is more easier to digest. It is suitable for children and old people. This kind of chicken congee is healthy and warm.
- 2/3 cup rice (either long grain or short grain)
- 3 Liter water
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper (optional)
- 3-4 green onion
- 1 thumb ginger
- small bunch of coriander (optional)
- 2 chicken thighs+1 cup chicken chunk
- Wash the rice and then soak with clean water for around 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a pot with cold water and add 1 green onion and several slices of ginger. Bring to boil.
- After 3-4 minutes, add soaked rice, bring to boil again.
- Transfer the chicken thighs out when you can easily insert a chopstick. Soak in clean water to cool down and then shred by hand or you can mince them.
- Simmer the congee for 1 hour over slowest fire. Serve with your favorite side ingredients.