Time – 30 mins
1. one young chicken (better choose the Chinese breed of Sanhuang chicken, i.e., with yellow feet, peck and skin)
2. Chinese cooking wine
3. Chilli powder
4. Green onion
6. Soy sauce
- Clean the chicken and chop it into pieces. Bring a pot of water to boil and put in ginger, green onion and cooking wine before it reaches the boiling piont. Put in the chicken to cook for 10 minutes. Do not overcook or the meat loses tenderness.
- Remove the chicken from hot water and cool it immediately in icy water to attain highest degree of tenderness and keep the chicken pieces intact when cooking.
- Cut up fresh green onion and ginger. Stir-fry them in hot oil until the aroma comes out. Pour the hot oil into a bowl of chilli powder, to form a bowl of chilli oil after the solid sinks to the bottom. Drain the solid from the chillie oil.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the cold water. Dry well and put them tidily on a clean plate.
- Mix red chilli oil with soy sauce, salt, sugar and vinegar, and pour over the chicken. Ready to serve. You may also add your choice of other ingredients such as coriander, green onion and sesame seeds.